- In case you are packing your goods yourself, you should wrap small items in colourful paper, to make sure they will not get lost in the bulk of wrapping paper.
- Keys, brackets (e.g. to hold up mirrors), metal fittings etc. should be put in a plastic bag fastened to the respective furniture they belong to.
- Please do not fill drawers with heavy items or lock them.
- Do also keep in mind, that every box you pack will have to be carried afterwards and that the contents should be well-protected during the transport of your goods.
- The weight of the boxes should be limited to 30 kg per box; please make a note of this, particularly when packing records, books or folders. They are best placed in an upright position at the bottom of the box.
- Heavy items should go into the box first, interspaces can be filled with light items such as cushions or towels.
- Fragile items should be packed individually, and cushioned with extra care, for instance with crumpled newspapers.
You can test the quality of your packing by gently shaking the box: this should not produce any noise or rattling inside.